Internet Safety Rules for Kids
- I will not give out personal information such as my last name, address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents' permission.
- I will tell my parents if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable, scared or threatened in any way.
- I will not agree to get together with someone I have met online.
- I will never send my picture or anything else personal without first checking with my parents.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.
- I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit.
- I will not give out my Internet password to anyone other than my parents or guardian.
- I will be a respectable citizen online and not do anything that hurts other people, including threatening someone online. It is important to treat people with respect, the same way I want them to treat me.